Mental Health and Developmental Disabilities Resources
Comprehensive Mental Health Information:
- MedWeb: Resources in mental health, psychiatry and psychology & catalog of biomedical and health related web sites from Robert W. Woodruff Health Sciences Center Library at Emory University.
- Psychcentral: One of the best online mental health resources from Dr. John Grohol.
- Mental Help Net: An award winning, comprehensive guide to mental health online.
- Facts for Families: Contains informative sections regarding child and adolescent psychiatric disorders.
- NAMI: Mental health support and information about drugs used to treat mental illness
- OCD Resources
Online Screening Tests:
- Depression Quiz: Measure and track your depressive feelings.
- Mania Quiz: Measure and track mania and manic episodes.
- Adult ADD Quiz: Measure and track adult attention deficit disorder.
- OCD Quiz: Helps determine if you may have obsessive-compulsive disorder
- DSMIV: Complete alphabetical listing of diagnostic categories and disorders with links to definitions and diagnostic criteria. Codes sorted by number
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance: Info, support, online screening, etc. by a patient run support network.
- The Anxiety Panic Internet Resource: First/best self-help resource for those with anxiety disorders.
- Anxiety Disorders Association of America: Promotes the prevention, treatment and cure of anxiety disorders and improves the lives of all people who suffer from them.
- Clinical Hypnosis Information: My compilation of helpful resources.
- Birth Injuries
Developmental Disabilities/Autism Resources:
- Prader-Willy syndrome
- www.autismsocietyofwa.org Autism Society of Washington
- www.nwesd.org/autism Autism Outreach Project (Washington State)
- ndsccenter.org National Down Syndrome Center
- http://cshcn.org Center for Children with Special Needs (Seattle Children’s Hospital)
- www.ddc.wa.gov Developmental Disabilities Council Washington State
- www.arcwa.org ARC of Washington state
- www.wsdsonline.org Washington Sensory Disabilities Services
- Mile High Downs Syndrome Association: www.mhdsa.org
- Williams Syndrome
Music Therapy Resources
- American Music Therapy Association: www.musictherapy.org
General Information Links:
- PubMed: 15 million citations from MEDLINE and additional life science journals for biomedical articles back to the 1950’s. PubMed includes links to full text articles and other related resources. A service of the National Library of Medicine.
- PubMed Central: Digital archive of biomedical and life sciences journal literature.
- Wikipedia: An online free-content encyclopedia that anyone can edit.
- KidsHealth: Expert Information for Families about Childrens’ Health
- Staying Active: An Exercise Guide for Kid
Call me at 509-979-HELP (4357) to set up a confidential consultation.
If you are interested in music therapy please visit our other website: www.musictherapy4health.com